Take 9-11. That means something in the United States. The “world changed” after 9-11. Well, do a slight thought experiment. Suppose that on 9-11 the planes had bombed the White House, suppose they’d killed the president, established a military dictatorship, quickly killed thousands, tortured tens of thousands more, set up a major international terror center that was carrying out assassinations, overthrowing governments all over the place, installing other dictatorships, and drove the country into one of the worst depressions in its history and had to call on the state to bail them out. Suppose that had happened? It did happen. On the first 9-11 in 1973. Except we were responsible for it, so it didn’t happen. That’s Allende’s Chile. You can’t imagine the media talking about this.
Europa Universalis IV now demands all of my free time.
spending too much time on world domination lately
In the last 48 hours Israel has:
1. Annexed another 1,000 acres of West Bank land
2. Seized $55,000,000 dollars of PA tax revenue
3. Broken the ceasefire by firing at fishermen
4. Broken the ceasefire by not opening the border crossing for goods
5. Destroyed a dairy factory in Hebron
6. Destroyed five houses and a farm belonging to Bedouin near Jerusalem
7. Destroyed a family home in Silwan, making 11 children homeless
8. Shot and critically injured a man in Qalqilya
9. Kidnapped 17 people from Jenin
10. Kidnapped 7 people from Nablus
The dentist told me not to smoke for two days. I giggled. He asked what was so funny. I said, “I did last time and I didn’t get dry socket.”
"Well, you may have just got lucky."
"Or I only inhaled using my abdominal muscles instead of sucking."
shakes his head…
Also, my empty holes won’t clot, the gauzes don’t seem to be doing anything, maybe they’re the problem…
The generation that has the greatest access to knowledge in the history of mankind is the one that cares the least about it.
So, I thought it would be a great idea to shave when I got home from the dentist today… Not so much. The local anesthetic hadn’t worn off yet and now I have the worst razor burn ever. I doubt that appears in Lidocaine’s precautionary literature…